Re: A Question regarding the "First Look" Competition Rules....

  • Subject: Re: A Question regarding the "First Look" Competition Rules....
  • From: Chick chick@bridgewoodgardens.com
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 22:29:24 -0400

Just in case there is nobody official available to respond, I'm fairly certain that your plant is not elegible for entry if you have offered it for sale. Whether you publish a catalog or price list doesn't matter.

Chick

FunkiaForAll@aol.com wrote:

Carol and/or Bill (Or anyone else that can help me for that matter...Like maybe Kent, Marc, etc.)

What exactly does it mean for the upcoming First Look Competition in Philly regarding the statement that, "no form...of the plant can have been offered for sale in print."

I have a plant that I personally have been selling for a few years now...listed on my sheet along with the other 100 or so plants I have for sale each year. I want to know if that would disqualify that plant for entry into the contest...because I have it listed on my personal availability sheet...or are the rules referring to something else...like listed in Steve Greene's Hosta Finder, or for sale in a trade journal, etc.

Please get back to me tonight, so I can decide if I should bring that plant along with me tomorrow or not...for competition at this years "First Look".

Best wishes,
Dave Jennings
Glenville Gardens
20 Pine Street