Re: New Hostas

In a message dated 6/1/1998 7:22:12 AM Central Daylight Time,
ranbl@netsync.net writes:

<< Joanne Pyszczek wrote:

 > To AllHow many new Hosta plants did you (or do you plan to) aquire this
year?
 Do you buy for the name , the slug resistance, the size, the color,the
 flowers, or , what other reasons?
 Ran Lydell >>
Hi Ran & Joanne & All:

I have bought 9 so far. I 'll probably buy a few more at the convention.
Bought 5 for color(variegation);one for color and form(Magic Carpet); one for
its unusual look(Mutant Ninja): and, two because ppl couldnt understand why I
did not grow them.(Striptease and Pandoras Box)
I have concentrated mainly on "companion" plants.

Clyde Crockett z5 ccredux@aol.com Indianapolis IN