Re: Hosta Order

Its obvious that you have considered how your shipping and do it with care
but I still offer that a drier plant is safer and hopefully you don't have
any problem.

Many collectors trade and give plants they ship UPS or US Postal Service &
may not have large numbers of plants to take a chance with.

I'm sure if there were a problem you would take care of it immediately so
this is addressed more to the average collector than a grower.

At 08:53 AM 6/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Good morning Butch and everyone
>	I put the roots of the plant in a baggie and moisted them slightly if
>needed. I leave the tops out so they can breath. It seems to work
>nicely.
>Thanks
>Bob
>

>Butch Ragland wrote:
>>
>> Hosta should be sent rather dried out to prevent mildew and other fungus.
>> Bob will be lucky if he doesn't have some serious fungal problems shipping
>> as you describe.

and