Re: New Hostas

<< Subj:	 Re: New Hostas
 Date:	98-06-01 11:50:38 EDT
 From:	jopyz@earthlink.net (Joanne Pyszczek)
 Sender:	owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com
 Reply-to:	hosta-open@mallorn.com
 To:	hosta-open@mallorn.com

 > Ok, I have a question. Who has the best, most affordable mail order
 > hostas?
 >
 > Denise Nakon
 Tough to answer since it depends on what you're looking for.  There are
 places you can get some very cheap hostas from but they will probably
 be young tc plants that will take a long time to establish.  If you're
 looking for good quality established plants that will grow well and are
 guaranteed true to type they'll cost more but are worth it.
 My choices:
 Eagle Bay Hostas
 10749 Bennett Rd.
 Dunkirk, NY 14048
 Though for me that's not mail order I pick up my plants since it's
 only an hour down the road and I usually end up finding something else I
 like besides what I planned on.
 Jim's Hosta
 11676 Robin Hood Dr.
 Dubuque,IA 52001
 I haven't yet received my mailorder from Jim (that's because I asked
 that they not be shipped until June, no complaint against Jim implied)
 but I did pick up plants from him at Hosta College and the were very
 nice.
 Both of the above are on the hosta-open and have websites.

Joanne,

Thank you for the kind words.

Your order was sent, Priority Mail, Monday June 1st as you requested.

I do send, single, and when possible, multiple divisions, of established
plants that  are true to type.   I do have a few young tc plants for sale on
my list, and they are so noted.

Thanks again,

Jim Schwarz
JIM'S HOSTAS