Re: 'Aristocrat'...

In saying that 'Aristocrat' was a sport of 'Halcyon' I was certainly wrong.
It is a sport of  Hadspen Blue TF 2x7 as has been noted. My error. While I
am admitting to errors I need to correct any impression that my
disappoinment in the change of borders  was anything other than one of
aesthetics and certainly  does not reflect any sense of misrepresentation
of the plant by the hyrbrizer. As is so often the case  a year and the
general vagaries of hostas can make  all of the difference.    I  am still
in search of that perfect border which acts as a frame  for the interior
color.'Green Velvet' comes close to this. I also have a sport of 'Francee'
which has kept a clear perfect narrow white border while the interior is
Franz Kline painting of chartreuse, yellow, dark green, and medium green.
At least this year it is.
  This is my third year for owning H. 'Embroidery'- as I have confessed
before one of my more foolish actions (if you don't count getting out of
bed some days). For the first time I am starting to like the hosta. The
variegation is impressive now (it will disappear later) and the leaves are
beginning to take on the appropriate  characteristics  of the mother plant.
If i were in a cynical mood I would describe the coloration as a very wet
blotchey Butter Snap lettuce leaf. But since I am not, ..it has a
remarkable leaf of 3 distinct greens, with a surface not unlike fine jade,
and habit which can only be descibed as sculptural.A remarkable plant  for
the aesthetically challanged.
  Glen Williams