Janet vs Gold Standard

Message text written by INTERNET:hosta-open@mallorn.com
><

One of my first hosta ever was Janet - given to me by a friend when I lived
back in Missouri.  He gave me the plant in 1987 with the caveat that "while
a beautiful plant it was a very slow grower"

I found his word to ring true, so by the time I moved to Vermont in 1994
this still small clump had obtained my affections and I moved it with me
and gave it a prominent spot in my new garden.

I have always found it to be s slow grower, yet beautiful hosta definetly
on the small side.  Very much like Gold Staandard but definintely smaller
and slower growing.

Anyway, to wrap this up, in the fall of 1996 I moved my now eight year old
"janet" to a location where is would get more sun.  Since then it has grown
profusely and also obtained a leaf size almost the same as "Gold Standard"

Can anyone explain this to me?

Roy Dales
Milton, VT
Z 3/4