Long Seed Storage: FRIDGE or FREEZER???

I usually keep my seeds in an artight container with some silica gela at the bottom in the lower compartment of my fridge. But I've hard comments about the convenience of the use of the freezer for long term seed conservation. What's the best way to keep seed?. How do you keep your seed???. Thanks for the info!
Basque Country, Northern Coastal Spain, 43º19N
Very hilly, very green, very beautiful!!! :-)
Zone 9. Humid oceanic climate.
EMail: almand@arrakis.es