Botatincal Garden Project

Dear Hosta-Philes,
  Over the weekend, my hosta society had a cut-leaf show at the Toledo
(Ohio) Botanical Gardens. It was wonderful.
  What's really going to be fun will be the area we have been given by
the gardens to "do our thing" with hostas & companion plants. Part of it
is a large raised bed that we are planning on planting in smaller hostas
of varying themes (leaf textures & shapes; variegations; and mini/dwarf
hostas).
  Since I seem to be the only club member with an interest in mini/dwarf
hostas, I have volunteered to plan, design, and plant this part of the
raised bed. It's a triangular section, and should be fun to do.
  The botanical garden only has 2 or 3 varieties of mini hostas
(venusta, Allan P. McConnell, and Dew Drop - if you consider Dew Drop a
mini) It should be fun to plan.
  My question is if anyone has any ideas of a good type of plant marker
that is permanet that won't interfere with the look of the mini hostas.
So many markers are just too big, and I'm afraid it will end up looking
like a little mouse graveyard with a bunch of plant tags. The Bot.
Garden's newer markers are large and wouldn't look right in this area.
Any ideas out there?

Diane