Pittsburgh Cut Leaf Show

Just got back from a long day in Pittsburgh. A group of us from Western
NY left at 530a to attend their cutleaf show, and it was a wonderful
experience.  We were very fortunate that the judge let us tag along
during his judging.  Hearing the discussion on why various specimens
were placed as they were was enlightening.  It definitely
gives a lot to think about and look at when I'll be selecting leaves
for our own show in July.  The show itself had less entries than
expected due to hail storms earlier in the week which had severely
damaged many peoples hostas.  After being treated to a delicious pot
luck lunch we were able to visit one of the members gardens which was
beautiful.  The garden is an official AHemS display garden. But also
contained some beautiful conifers and a path sort of terraced on the
side of a gully with beautiful hostas, ferns, and woodland plants.
After that it was back to NY.  A long but wonderful day.