TC vs OS

I am new to the world of hostas - oh, Ive had a hosta bed for about 10 years
with a total of  2 types of hostas - and it wasn't until this spring when I
decided  it was time to roto till the soil and get spome peat into it that I
"stumbled" onto the variety and beauty of the hosta.  I now have about 20
different varieties and have found the golds to be my favorite.   But one
thing I have wondered since I signed onto the hosta forum is what is the
difference between TC and OS.  I buy most of my hostas from local garden
centers and did not hear the term tissue culture or Originators Stock except
for the forum.   Could someone give me some insight into what it is or where I
can learn about it?

I too, love the golds and yellows - they just glow at dusk and really light up
my garden.  With all the greens in the world - green grass, Greenpeace,
Evergreens, greenbacks, Green with envy, green around the gills - (you get the
idea) I can't imagine why everybody doesn't collect more yellowes and golds

Ronnie