Re: Blue Giant

<< Last year I planted a Sieboldiana Elegans Blue Giant. He was
 absolutely beautiful in my eyes and then this year put out three
 stems of gorgeous white blooms. I immediately ran out and bought two
 more. One of the two has bloomed and the blooms are lavender! What's
 going on here? Did I not get what I thought I was buying?  >>

YOU DID GET WHAT YOU PAYED FOR.....A BIG BLUE PLANT.....

"BLUE GIANT" IS A HORTICULTURAL NAME FOR ....WELL....BIG BLUE PLANTS.....

IT IS NOT A REGISTERED PLANT.....

YOU NEED TO OBTAIN & STUDY THE SCHMID TOME...TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING....

FURTHER I WOULD SPECULATE THAT YOU DID NOT BUY FROM A NURSERY SPECIALIZING IN
HOSTA........

AND FINALLY I WOULD FURTHER SPECULATE THAT YOU GOT IT FOR A BARGAIN.......YOU
PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET......

MY GUESS IS THAT ONE OF THE MASS PRODUCERS IS GROWING SEEDS FROM SIEBOLDIANA
ELEGANS AND SELLING THEM UNDER THE HORTICULTURAL NAME OF 'BLUE
GIANT'.....HENCE THE DIFFERENCE IN FLOWER COLOR....7 YEARS DOWN THE ROAD....AT
MATURITY...I BET YOU WILL SEE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LEAVES......

NOW.....THAT ALL SAID.....I BET YOU HAVE 3 REAL NICE BLUE HOSTA.....REFER TO

HAVE FUN IN THE GARDEN....KEN