Blue Giants

I will have to second what Ken said about the Sieboldiana Elegans Blue
Giants.  Three years ago as I was just starting to collect our wonderful
plant, I purchased 3 "Elegans" from Wal-Mart.  1 turned out to be a
green plant, one in a shorter blue with purple flowers and the last one
looks like as sieboldiana Elegans.  If you want to be sure of what you
are buying, you need to purchase from a responsible grower.  It just
takes time to find them.  If you haven't joined the American Hosta
Society and a nearby hosta group, do so today.  there are lots of us
crazy hosta people out there!
P.S.  I still buy some of the bargin ones at the local outlets.  I
purchased 3 "blue umbrellas" last weekend from Lowes in Muncie for $5.67
each and a big un-named yellow margined green.  It can be an adventure.

Jane Spencer
Portland, IN
Zone 5