Re: Botatincal Garden Project

Joanne Pyszczek wrote:
> >   A planting "map" though, as you suggest,is the best idea. But they
> > will want markers for each type of plant if they ever get moved, or
> > divided. The ones they use now may be a little big for some of the
> > cultivars I'd like. (Masquerade, Tiny Tears, gracillima sp.)
> >   Thanks!
> > Diane
> Just a thought here. Our group is also doing a planting at the local
> botan and have agreed to use only registered cultivars.  It eliminates
> some nice things but we feel it follows more in the mission of the
> group.
> Joanne
  Oh, definitely only registered cultivars. At least for this little
garden. I also think some small and mini species would be good.
(venusta, pulchella, gracillima, minor). The Bot. garden has alot of
very old cultivars, and some nice new ones. Some are mislabeled, so our
job is figuring out what's what. I found a 'Goliath' unmarked, and we
were at a loss for it's name until I came home and opened my Schmid
book. We're getting there.
  Our Hosta Society's only 4 years young, and the Bot. garden's been
there forever, so we're getting there.
  Thanks for the input.