Re: Beyond Gold (Dutch Hostas)

Gerry O'Neill wrote:

> An sad (though amusing) tale! :-(
>

> It seems to me that any nurseryman carrying a selection of named hostas
> that they themselves have not produced has a responsibility to confirm to
>

> Gerry (Newbie to the list, though not to growing hostas)
>
>Gerry:Both You and Glen , did the right thing.  There is, and it must be
continued, an understanding throught our industry, that , above all else,
 plants must be properly identifyed.  Anyone can make a mistake.  The
seller, has an obligation to replace anything he sells that is "not
right"  He may then "go back" to his source and demand replacement.  Not
only should he have replaced your plants chearfully, he should have
thanked you for pointing out the problem!  Unfortunatly, this kind of
thing is wide spread, and most folks let it go by. I hope with more
education, we can all learn to be more astute consumers of Hostas, and
"hold " sellers to high standards!  Even if thet means ME!
Ran Lydell
Eagle Bay Hosta Gardens
10749  Bennett Rd.
Dunkirk, NY  14048