Re: Fridays: Name this plant

bob Balitewicz wrote:

> >i buy fm  persons who only deal in hosta like  englerth gardens, hopkins
> michigan
I hear you on that, but unfortunately, in my area where I live, there
are no HOSTA speciality stores.

I have access to many garden centers/nurseries which each of them order
in from many different nurseries. It would be many hours drive away to
find a HOSTA speciality store, and I am not even sure where one would be
found in Ontario. My two favorite local places are  Farmgate Gardens
(which next-year want to start some of those "no-name" DUTCH items in
their fields, I will have to talk to them about this matter), and also
Connon Nurseries. Both have been bringing in more new variety quality
HOSTA's in for the last 2 years, although the special ones don't arrive
until June time. Pricing runs about 18.00 - 30.00 / pot of 1-3 eyes.

But, these 2 Sieboldiana were purchased at the end of April. They had a
pretty decent root development, and the 6 they ordered in disappeared
after just a couple days. I assumed they were a more common variety.

I did know they were not Elegans, I had just wondered if it had a name
attached after the Sieboldiana? I never heard of just plain old

Few years ago, we used to have a wonderful place called Barbers
Nurseries whom ordered quality stock and would order items in special
for you. There are some backyard hosta gardeners, but only one of them
sells stuff out of his yard. Of which, he too bought his plants locally.

Do any of you Canadians know if whe have a quality HOSTA mailorder in
peri, Ontario,  CANADA, mailto:briard-hosta@kos.net