Re: Beyond Gold (Dutch Hostas)

as an interesting aside from the usual "i was ripped off by a nurseryman"
routine,  a hosta buddy and i were hitting a wholesaler i did business with in
north ga.  after picking up my order of conifers and satsuki azalea, we
perused his hosta wholesale area.  we were both shocked to find him selling
'blue angel' as seib. elegans.  this was several years ago, when blue angels
were still quite high.  3.25$, he said.we looked at each other and smiled the
buddah smile.

my buddy, jo ann, informed him of his grave error in naming them.  this
arrogant fella read us the riot act of his many years in business, and his
vast knowledge of materials, and his impeccable suppliers.  we agreed, but
suggested that this one time he might be wrong.

after insulting our knowledge a bit more, he proceeded to show us more
misnamed plants.  ventri. aureo marg was one.  again 3.50$/per, and again the
insults to out knowledge.

after taking his abuse for an hour, we bought every single hosta he had that
was mislabeled.

he also had 3 gal a. palm. 'butterfly' for 7.50, as wwell as a.palm. 'sango

we filled the van to overflowing, and returned with a truck.

happy hosta hunting, hostafanatics

i'm stupid in n ga