RE: Dutch growers

I'm not sure if there is anything AHS can do about the Dutch growers.
I'm sure if the government felt such a large part of their economy was
being threatened they wouldn't allow it.  The changes have to come from
the purchasers and that comes thru education.  People have to understand
why it is better to know that what you bought is what it claims to be.
Many will unfortunately never care, if it's cheap and looks good they'll
buy it.  Especially when they can't see the difference between
Sea Thunder and the green and white hosta they have at home. Had that
experience personally when I ran into a coworker and a local garden
center.  He was telling me he had a whole row of "those" hostas
and the nursery was selling 'em for $25 each.  He couldn't understand
that they were not the same. Education, thru displays at flower shows,
providing talks, even plant sales by local groups, has to have an
effect.  It is slow though and in the meantime some people make money
off the unknowing.