H. Knockout

I planted this hosta four years ago between Love Pat and Shade Master and,
while the effect is nice the other
clumps are much larger.  I have found it to be a very slow grower, yet  a
beautiful hosta.  I have not had any probelms with the white edges burning,
it just is a very slow, slow grower.

The original group of three that I planted have anywhere from two to four
crowns per plant while the adjacent Love Pat and Shade Master both have
numerous crowns.  Maybe this is one of those hosta that require a good ten
years to form a decent size clump.  What are some of the other experience
with this hosta?

Grenfell, in her book, describes this plant as large.  Schmid describes a
totally different type plant.

The plant was originally registered is 1986, so does anyone out their have
a ten year old clumb?  What size does it finally obtain?

Roy Dales
Milton, VT
Z 3/4