Re:Knockout

I planted a small single crown of this plant in 1995. There appeared to be 7
crowns when I counted it this morning. It doesn't grow exceptionally fast,
but it grows beautiful. It is a very striking plant.  Well-named.  It must
be one of those plants where if you get a good one to start with it will
grow, otherwise forget it. I got a H. Celebration at the same time, same
source, that just won't increase, yet the dumb thing won't die either. Roy
Dales tells me he has one that grows well.  I saw a fantastic clump of H.
Reversed this weekend, another that never did much for me. Either find one
that someone is growing well and try to get a piece of that plant or hope
you are lucky. I would buy H. Knockout again, that is the real bottom line.
Of the 650 or so we grow it would rank in my favorite 10%.

Tom Moore Bardstown, KY  Z6