Re: Dutch growers

Kdye1@aol.com wrote:

> <<
>  I'm not sure if there is anything AHS can do about the Dutch growers.
>>
> Dear Robins,
> It's not just the Dutch, there are disreputable growers, sellers all over.
> Most of us learn this the hard way a couple of times and deal only with those
> we can trust.  If you never get "into" hostas, just have a few for your
> landscape, you are probably not on this list, and probably don't care.  These
> are the majority of the growers and it is to them the Dutch are relying for
> sales.  We can't police this, it's just another case of "let the buyer
> beware."
> Kay Dye, Edelstein, IL Zone 5, always pushing 6
You are exactly right.  The same goes for those that sell TC plants
before properly "culling"  The key is education.  This is something that
must be carried on all the time by the AHS, the Hosta Growers
Association, and Local groups.  Much is being done , more folks should
take advantage of the info.
Ran Lydell
Eagle Bay Hosta Gardens
10749  Bennett Rd.