Re: AHS Robin

If hosta collectors and growers are to become educated about hosta and their
different looks and characteristics why would the AHS close the list to non
members? Makes no sense to me. I am not a member but have begun collecting a
few hosta and love the differences in their leaves and colors although I am
still not able to differentiate between some of them just by looking. I have
no idea how one tells them apart by counting the ribs in the leaves or the
other characteristics of hosta definition. I have though learned a lot just
from subscribing to the hosta list. If it is the purpose of the AHS group to
educate people so they will know the difference from a 'Elegans' and just a
regular sieboldiana and not have to rely on Dutch importers to get plants
that are mismarked, why, I repeat why, would they close the list to non
Jean Carpenter
Mountain View, MO