Re: TREASURE

Ken Marek asked:
> > HOW DID I GET A STREAKING PLANT FOR AN OPEN-POLLINATED H. 'TREASURE'
> >
> > IT GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING I LEARNED.....I THOUGHT I WOULD ONLY GEET A
> > STREAKER.....FROM A MOTHER STREAKER.....
I could tell you that nothing is 100% sure.

What I expect, though, is that maybe:
1.  You picked up a random mutation (a back mutation) from gold back to
green.  What goes up must come down.
2.  Since you are dealing with streakies, you are dealing with the
inheritance of plastids.  You may have simply lucked out and got one of
those random re-segregation of plastids in which an area of cells contained
mostly green plastids --- and those green cells ended up in the embryo of a
hosta seed.
3.  Both 1 and 2 in combination.

I don't know Treasure.  You tell me that it is gold.  Always gold, or opens
green and goes to gold (that's lutescent, right?).  In any case, there's
green in them thar golds somewhere, otherwise they couldn't
photosynthesize, which they must do to survive.

That would be my best guess, Ken.  Nothing is ever as sure as we think.
Rick