Toads, Praying Mantis & GUESS WHAT

Hi Everybody,

When I moved to this house 6 years ago, the gardens were non-existant.
There was zero wild life, except for frogs & mice & star-nosed moles.
I have gradually added more and more gardens and trees and vines.
There is very little annuals, as most everything is perennials.

I have now, tons and tons of toads, a few praying mantis,
and today, well I am so excited.....I found a TREE FROG hanging
off the cement coping edge of the pool early this morning. I saw it
again around noon time. I must assume that my backyard environment is
attracting these creatures?

Now I have just looked outside my kitchen window to check the
outside thermometer, and THE TREE FROG IS CLINGING TO MY THERMOMETER.

I have never seen one of these creatures before. But for about 1.5
weeks, there has been this singing noise at night....for hours. Well I
thought it was a bird.  I remember this noise last year also, but never
did found out what it was. When I saw this creature this morning, I thought
it was a mutated toad + frog. Then when I saw it move, I realized......
it was clinging. It could hang upside down.

I will not mind the noise outside at night now that I know what it is.
My toads and my new TREE FROG are busy eating all my bugs......HOPEFULLY
they like slugs?

Has anyone else been so lucky with toads, praying mantis, and TREE FROGS?
Is it the hostas or vines that could be attracting them? Does anyone else
in Ontario have Tree Frogs?  Do they require any special hiding places
or water to drink?