Re: Slugs

RonnieEA@aol.com wrote:
> I've read a lot of E-Mail that refers to slugs.  Are they especially hard on
> hostas?  Or are they just that undesirable?

Unfortunately slugs love hostas.  Or maybe it's just that hostas
do well in the same conditions as slugs.  The slugs will usually come
out at night and eat holes in the hostas.  There are varieties that are
more resistant to slugs and some catalogs do make note of which
they are, but nothing is 100%. If the slugs haven't found your hostas
yet be grateful, I'm finding out they absolutely love my new
H. pycnophylla.