Mildred & Slugs

   The current Journal covers most of the known slug cures very thoroughly.
It does leave out Mildred Seaver's weapon of choice however. She uses  wet
pieces of Romaine Lettuce strewn near favorite plants in the evening.In the
early morning she rises and collects the leaves  washing them off in warm
soapy water- saving what is left of the Romaine for yet another evening of
slug control. A  recent conversation confirmed that she had indeed removed
40  greedy little slugs from one piece of lettuce.
   At the moment I spray with amonia and water and take an unnatural
pleasure in watching them dissolve in the mixture.Being poltically correct
however I do put up small signs for them indicating  my spraying times and
what they can expect. This fortunately has about as much affect on their
nocturnal munch fest as my reading the contents on the side of a pint of
Hagen Daz ice cream.
G.Williams Vt