Re: Hostas in the woods

Thanks Ken, for the thoughts on Hostas in the woods..  There will be no
trouble getting water to the plants so that's not a problem..  The water table
in the area I live in is high, and that keeps the soil nice and moist.  I've
had another large planting of plantagenia for about 10 years, and this one
gets about 4 hours of direct sun a day, and they have done very well.  Only in
the past year have they begun to weaken and that can probably be blamed on the
fact that all the root competition  from the wooded underbrush.  When I dug
them up the soil was clogged with old black roots from the nearby underbrush.