TC vs. Division

At 07:35 AM 6/22/98 -0400, you wrote:
>How does one tell whether a purchased plant is TC or grown from divisions?

Quite a few of the nurseries list "TC" in the plant's description, where it
applies.  Also, I have noticed that young TC plants have a proportionally
enormous amount of hair roots compared to the long, thick ones you see in a
division, and it takes a few years for the thick roots to develop to
balance the ratio.  I don't know if that is a reliable indicator, or just
an anecdotal coincidence.

I have heard complaints that TCs of Abba Dabba Do, Great Expectations,
Golden Sunburst, and others are not reliably vigorous.

Sheila Smith
mikecook@pipeline.com
Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6