Re: Visit to Highgrove

In a message dated 21/06/98 23:54:16 GMT, you write:

<< If Prince Charles is in residence, is his insignia flying? What make of car
 does he drive? Where does he buy his hostas? Is he a member of the BHHS? When
 I was Editor of THJ, I sent him extra copies of THJ and ask him to join the
 AHS. Got a beautiful letter  from him which in effect said--No thanks.
 Would he accept gifts of hostas?  What titles does he have besides Prince of
 Wales--I should like to name one after him.
 Where is Highgrove in relation to London? What are the native trees there?

 Are the gardens at Buckingham Palace ever open to to the public?

 Were you told what to wear whilst at Highgrove?
 Thnks again, Glen!

 Clyde "Curious" Crockett z5 >>
Hi there, Clyde "Curious" Crockett!

I wore a navy blue polo style shirt(well, Charles plays polo, doesn't he!),
with light brown cords and "Kicker" moccasin shoes!  Some wore a shirt and
tie, some looked downright scruffy, I guess I was somewhere in between.

You should ask Mike all the other questions, he has actually met Prince
Charles. After the garden tour, when were having tea, Gwen Black, Mike and I
were chatting and Mike did suggest the possibility of making Prince Charles
the patron of the BHHS, or at least offering him it. This idea would obviously
have to go before the board but its a good idea, wether it will actually
happen, who knows!

Glen

P.S  Gwen's a nice lady isn't she.