Re: Tell-Tale TC

Gerry O'Neill wrote:

> Thanks, Glen. I purchased 'On Stage' by mail this spring, and by your
> description it was definitely a TC (and wasn't all that cheap, either!).
> It's very small, although coming along nicely. Not to start another round
> of nurseryman-bashing, but I sure with some of the larger growers would
> tell you up front that their plants are first year TC...since it seems to
> me that it will require an additional year in the liner before I would feel
> comfortable putting it out with the slugs.

It's not nurseryman bashing to want to know in advance what you're
paying for.  I usually try to order just a couple not too expensive
items from a new place to see what I get, and judge from there if I
want to do further business with them.  Also find the Hostafinder or
Green Pages very useful.  If I see someone selling a plant well
below everyone else's price I assume it's a young tc, then it's up to me
if I want to "go cheap" and take a chance or pay the higher price.
Joanne
jopyz@earthlink.net