Nursery Requests

   I have some suggestions for those nursery-people  selling the rest of us
hostas. These suggestions go beyond wanting fabulous  disease free plants
packed superbly for very little money.I just checked my list and I have
purchased hostas from 26 different nurseries this year.15 of these
nurseries sent no packing slips. As a consummer I see packing slips as
essential.Send each plant  with a plastic name tag giving the name , the
nursery name, and if the stock is purchased from a wholesale grower, add
that name too. The ink should be indelible, not fade, and not be on wood!
Many of us use these labels as a back up system for our own labels. I know
of some nurseries that use a specific colored labels. This helps
too.Customer treatment is important too. Its pretty easy to tell if the
people selling plants to you care about their "product".
   As for me I like reading statements by the owner of the nursery who is
selling me mail order plants.  It is the only way I am going to get to know
most of you. That and communication about my order. Have had telephone
calls from vendors about an order. This is nice. I also want to feel free
to call the nnursery and talk to someone about my plants if I have a
  I guess that will about do it for now. I want you people  to stand behind
what you sell, but not so far back that I can't see you.
  I will take this opportunity to say that there are a lot of vendors out
there who meet many of my suggestions and then some. In fact all of these
suggestions come from different things which vendors have done on orders I
have received.
   Glen Williams