Re: Hostas in the woods

Ronnie;
Note that both Ken and I referred to amending the hole, a very different
thing than amending the soil..When you amend the hole, you create those
little pockets of available nutrients that tree roots just *love*..

But with my rapidly aging back, I certainly understand the desire to add
stuff only to the place where the plant is going to be. My compromise is to
continually add stuff to the surface, all over, and let the earthworms do
my tilling for me..

And I'll take a few hundred cubic yards of that black, rich dirt, if you
have any to spare. You can send it UPS.  :-)

GREEN SIDE UP!! hehehe...

Gerry