Re: Hosta ID help needed.

>Before I knew what a Zounds looks like, I purchased a plant which was
supposed
>to be Zounds.

Hi, Ronnie.  What is the length of the leaf, the width at the widest point
(granted, yours is a young plant, but at least we can get an idea of the
proportions), the general shape (rounded, long & thin, cordate, etc.), the
qualities of the leaf base (leaf blends into petiole, lobes overlap, etc.),
the look of the tip (twisted, straight, pointed, blunt), the number of
veins, and the topography ('pebbled' texture, smooth, deeply impressed
veins, etc.).  Is it shiny, glossy, matte, or glaucous on the top AND on
the bottom of the leaf?  Also, does it grow in a mounded habit or
vase-shaped?  Anything else you can include in your description will be a
big help.

Sheila Smith
mikecook@pipeline.com
Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6