Re: Mini Popularity Poll

It was great having Hornbakers and Connors to purchase plants.  That was fun.
I agree that 7 gardens in one 99 degree day were a lot, especially since the
air conditioning our bus the first day was not up to the challenge.

I prefer the home settings over the arboretum, but that is perhaps because I
am so close to an arboretum where I go quite frequently, and we also have the
Ohio State Farm andScience Show each year.  I LOVED THE FOLK SINGER who
greeted us.  What a nice touch.

My only suggestion would be eliminating looking for colored flags in each
display garden and voting on the best in each category.  I hate having to
choose between the display gardens' blue angels, sum and substance and so on.
They are all always great.  I  waste too much time hunting flags and not
enough enjoying the overall beauty.  I think it would be better just to
present each display garden person with a wonderful big award at the banquet.
The prizes given to the people who vote could just be door prizes.  (a stub to
fill out printed in the book)   This year I think each garden won a price for
some plant.  Also, that would eliminate the problem when a guest plant is
brought in. I don't think the gardens should be in competition with each
other.  They are all great, and the people who open their gardens to us work
so hard!

Loved the frozen sorbet, and I understand they will send the recipe on the
internet!

Last year we had a much larger silent auction,and I thought that was the way
to go.
You could list minimum bids so that the rarer ones would get what we get for
them at the auction. Perhaps having the silent bids before the auction, and
any that didn't sell for the requested minimum bid could then be brought to
the auction.

GREAT CONVENTION.  A JOB WELL DONE!  Outside of the heat, the
soccer kids taking all the ice, and not having any towels on Saturday, and the
motorcycles at the bar across the street keeping us up half the night, it was
a wonderful weekend!

Freddy Schaefer