Re: Need Information (hosta problems)

Hi Cindy,
I agree with your friend!  I think all these conditions, which are also happening in my garden, are due to drought and not excess moisture.  We have not  had a decent rainfall for months, maybe even since last fall, and winter was below average snowcover.  I think I mentioned earlier, that our well was/is running low for the first time in  close to 30 yrs.
My hostas are a litle shorter than usual.  Lots of draw string , or close to effect on hostas that are not even known to do so.  They seem to be bursting at their seems!  One has even thrown its first set of leaves by half!!! Half a leaf, the other half not even developped!
The burning is unreal!  I've never had such a problem in years!
Leaves are soft...the slightest wind blows them over!
Temps have been running from cool to extremely hot (other day 103 in the shade!)
But one thing I find strange, is that the colours are intense..the blues have never looked better,  the greens intense, and the gold/yellows vibrant!
Is all this related?  I don't know, its just what I see!
Quebec, Canada
Quebec, Canada