Re: Sprouts won't grow---A Suggestion

In a message dated 6/2/99 10:49:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, CCREDUX@aol.com
writes:

<< << Has anyone ever had a hosta just sit there and not grow, yet show no
  sign of any damage?  Any suggestions on this matter would be appreciated. >>

I have 2 Aztech Treasures that I bought early last year and they have done
nothing at all - except take up space in the garden.  One grew a little
initially, so the leaves on that one are about twice the size of the other..
So I thought "what have I got to lose - let's dig up the small one and take a
look at it's roots".. What did I find?  The first one had roots that had
never left the original root ball which was in a 4" pot..  So I washed all
the soil out of the roots and replanted it.. The second one, while slightly
larger, had the same problem so I cleaned that one up and replanted it in
it's original spot..  Now to wait and see what happens

Ronnie.