Dan Nelson said:
I bet hostas have mycorrhizal associations too and the hosta experts
will have to change their view in the future.

I think so too, I ran across some VA mycorrhizae and it sounded
intresting I think I'll try some.I wish I knew about dipping pine
seedling as I planted 500 red pine last year,though I did dip them into
some water retention gel and I think it helped as there  was a drought
last spring in the U.P. of Mi.

man its hot.........