Stories Behind the Name of Hostas

I guess everyone knows this one. 'Christmas Tree'==when Mildred Seaver  saw
the seedling, she said it looked like a Christmas tree.

'Flat Clyde':  My son did a drawing in the first grade of me having fallen
through a sewer grate and I came out flatter than a pancake. He called it
Flat Clyde. At the Iowa convention, Roy Herold looked at my then physique and
said I should have named it 'Fat Clyde'.

'Sweet Bo Peep' : Herb Benedict intended to name this one 'Little Bo Peep'
but Bob beat him to it.

'Nooner' : Railroadmen went home for lunch & c.

'Virginia Reel' : A pun. Named by Judy S. of Virginia, for Frank Riehl.When
asked why she named it so, she replied, "Frankly, no,"

'Sun of Texas' :(Will be registered this year.) Named by Patsy Stygall--- a
double entendre. It is like the color of the "sun" but I, a native "son" of
Texas, found it amongst her seedlings.

'Veronica Lake' : A sport of 'Pearl Lake', named such because of the border.
The star had blond hair which covered part of her face.

Clyde Crockett, CH II