Re: optimist

Ben:

>I do full time research on hosta

I though you were a fungus geneticist!  Now you are doing full time
research on hosta?

>Now I thought people would enjoy my sharing. Yes, most of them
>appreciate except a few american hosta hobbyist.

Ben, I think all of us appreciate your wanting to share; you are most
likely a very kind and gentle person.  But that doesn't mean that we
will accept BAD science.  You wouldn't accept bad science in the
professional genetics journals you read, so why should we accept bad
science in the Hosta Journal?

>Using my background in genetics and the data in my book on sports I
>found proper explanations for discussions often published...in the
>journal.

Your book on sports has a LOT of shortcomings and is based on bad
science.  Your explanations for sports, except for chimera
rearrangments, just don't hold up to critical review and you do not
provide any proof.

>So in my naivity I thought people would enjoy that I solved that long
>standing problem.

You have solved the long standing problem of understanding hosta
sporting!!!!!!!!!  LOL!  Where is the proof?

>I only get insulting, derogative and negative opinions and hardly
>anyone says something about the conclusions let alone come up with
>alternatives.

I'm not trying to be insulting, derogative or negative.  I'm providing
peer review of your articles on sporting that have been published in
the Hosta Journal - something the hosta society should have done.  I
find that the articles are full of errors, that balanket statements
are made with no proof and that the articles are in general based on
bad science.

As to alternatives, I have a few ideas I am working on, but it will
take many years yet to get all the facts together.  When I get the
facts I'll publish the result and write based on those facts.

In one of my last messages I gave you an important clue in saying that
if you do aggressive, commerical style propagation you will come up
with some valuable insights to sporting.  Well, here is another clue,
but I doubt that you have the observational powers to figure it out.
I'm sure you have hostas Francee and Patriot.  Look carefully at these
two hostas and you will come up with a valuable clue.  Actually, it's
a clue that could even prove that hostas do have a high rate of
mitotic crossing over, or it might disprove it.

Joe Halinar