Re: Southern Blight in the north.

Mike Groothuis wrote:

Hi Mike, if you are dealing with true southern blight (Sclorotium
rolfsii - think I spelled it correctly) there are no fungicides that are
effective that I know of. I had it around one clump last year, and have
given that clump two treatments of 50% (not 10%) bleach. The treatment
has set the plant back, but seems to have been effective. Hate so much
to lose the plant because it is a seedling I would like to register. It
is from a pack of seeds from Pete Ruh about 6 years and is truly
beautiful and quite distinctive. It is quite elegant looking, a light
blue color with cordate leaves and white flowers on scapes just above
foliage. Good luck, John Lanier, Burnsville, NC