Beer drinking fools

They are the worlds biggest suckers for a free beer, and I sat out in my
garden listening for them to start screeming after they realized it was a
trap...Yes, the annual "Wars of the World Waged Against Slugs" is off and
running.. My initial gambit was to pull the old beer in the cover trick...
And it worked like a champ... All I had to do was convince my brother-in-law
to leave one swallow in the beer bottle for my little buddies in the garden..
  Anyway, there was no screeming so I wondered if it worked, but when the
first rays of sun fell over the battle field, it was obvious I was the big
winner...The cover was FULL  of the buggers..  But did I  really win??? Every
last one of those damn slugs had a HUGE grin on his/her face...  They went
out happy..

  Well, tonight is another night...This time I am going to glue little tooth
picks top the cover and have the sharp ends sticking up - like pungie
stakes...I  bet they ain't going to be smiling when they are impaled on an
oak toothpick...

It really did work... I had a mess of dead and dying slugs in that cover..

Ronnie