dress code for banquet

>Speaking of banquets...what is the normal attire at the banquet? Should
>I pack my diamond-studded tiara and my Cartier necklace??? :)
>
>Diane Frederick
>Cleveland, OH, zone 5

Now this is a subject that warrants discussion on hosta-open.  (many of you
will disagree.)  I attended my first convention last year, and attended the
banquet in a sleeveless shirt and old khaki pants.  Then I see everybody,
and some are in (this is literally true) ball gowns, glittery rhinestone
dresses, and metallically-adorned dresses.  Not all, but most were dressed
up on the scale of church or better.  Most men were in suits.

I find this astounding.

But I will have to at least search the dusty side of my wardrobe for a
sundress or something!  I absolutely hate dressing up!

Stacy

Stacy Holtzman
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Bloomington, Indiana Z5b