Re: bog gardens

At 10:37 PM 6/17/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Butch ..I find this full sun hosta growing in bog conditions most
interesting & intriguing.  Is there an easy way to create such, without too
much work involved?

Yes, build a pond with any thing or any method and fill with hardwood or
pine mulch 10 to 12 inches above the water level and keep water in the pond.

Simple one, child's wading pool. Set it on he ground and cover with mulch
10-12 inches above the water level and plant. Keep watered.

Ours is watered by the kitchen sink runoff thru a series of bogs staggered
down a hillside.
Butch Ragland So. Indiana zone 5