Re: dress code for banquet

>Some of us also spend so much on hosta that we have little left over for
>clothes and if we have changed shape at all, we have nothing to wear from
>that dusty side of the closet.

>Beth Arnold

Amen, amen to that!  I think that if I look back at my financial records
for the past five years, I will see that my enormous shoe collection budget
was quickly consumed and replaced by my hosta budget.  And this is the
absolute truth, sometimes we skip going out to a nice steak dinner so that
we can get another hosta.  We actually have conversations like that!  It is
truly mental.  You know, where you say "well, if we just didn't go to that
dinner but went to McDonalds, why, that's another couple of nice ($20)

You should note, I say we.  We are very open about our hosta budget, that
there really is no budget, just greedy desire to collect.  I cannot imagine
what it would be like to be with a person that did not have the passion
that I have, it would be hell to hide the receipts!haha

Stacy Holtzman
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Bloomington, Indiana Z5b