Re: "Correctly" Labeled Hostas in the Garden

Hi Cindy

<What source do you use for your information? >

I use all available written material I can get my hands on. Books, catalogs,
journals and things like that. Never hurts to call if at all possible.

 <Do you ever find discrepancies?>

Not as many as one might think. Most mistakes are my own ones.

 <How do you know if it's the date it was registered or the date it was

Not all of the hostas that I sell are registered and I dont ever see a change
in that. So, if it is not registered I try to go by the date it was named and
introduced or released to the public.
Thanks Gary.