Re: It's not Antioch

In a message dated 6/21/1999 5:14:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
wie1086@mail.harborcom.net writes:

<< Hosta groupies,
 I have some (at least 2 dozen eyes) of a plant I thought was Antioch. I
 purchased unnamed as seedlings. They resemble Antioch in size and color,
 but the variegation is inconsistent. Sometimes hardly any, sometimes half
 the leaf. My Antioch has a vein count of 7 sets. This plant has six
 sets. Any ideas what it is?
 Ray W z5
 Mentor, Ohio >>

It might be a plant that goes in the trade as 'Silver Crown,' Another plant
that I have that is a look alike for 'Antioch' that has very variable white
edges is 'Moerheim.'
On my 'Moerheim's' I have had some leaves 90% white and other leaves half
white and half green.