Re: Hockey Stick for Round-Up

In a message dated 6/24/99 6:45:59 AM Central Daylight Time,
natures@rea-alp.com writes:

<< Now I just use an old floor mop, maybe use a little more
 chemical than the hockey stick but it does the job just fine.
 Monty

Hi Monty and others,

I'm getting the impression that you prefer to "paint" (or mop) the plants
with Round Up rather than spay them with a stream of it.   Why is that?  Does
it save on the chemical?  Is using a mop still  more precise than spraying
it?  I have some Equisetum (Horsetail) that has escaped it's pot and is now
growing up between several perennials.  Do you think painting Round Up on it
will kill it?

Thanks,
Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN