Re: Hockey Stick for Round-Up

Cindy,
   I like the mop method because I am killing weeds in my nursery, I have
trees and shrubs everywhere, and hostas.  The drift caused by spraying
could wipe me out.   No chance of that w/ painting it on.  I'm not sure if
you save on chemical.  Maybe use more this way, but safer.
   Monty
ps....  I mix LV4 w/ the round-up because it kills the tougher weeds more
effectively.
   (LV4 is a form of 24D.)
----------
> From: Cidjohnson@aol.com
> To: hosta-open@mallorn.com
> Subject: Re: Hockey Stick for Round-Up
> Date: Thursday, June 24, 1999 7:21 AM
>
> In a message dated 6/24/99 6:45:59 AM Central Daylight Time,
> natures@rea-alp.com writes:
>
> << Now I just use an old floor mop, maybe use a little more
>  chemical than the hockey stick but it does the job just fine.
>  Monty
>   >>

> Hi Monty and others,
>
> I'm getting the impression that you prefer to "paint" (or mop) the plants

> with Round Up rather than spay them with a stream of it.   Why is that?
Does