Re: Convention

CCREDUX@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/28/1999 12:56:22 AM Central Daylight Time,
> raffi@sympatico.ca writes:
>
> <<  Clyde Crockett wrote:
>   "It was the worst auction in history in respect of the entries. Why?
>    The AHS decided that only REGISTERED hostas could be entered.(!!!)"
>  ---
>  Cly'cuz ..for the record! ..T'was not because "Only registered hostas could
> be
>  entered?".  IN FACT...
>
>  *As I recall*? ..this was placed into moritorium until sometime in 2001, so
> the
>  whole business about only registered hostas being participants at a National
>  Convention has been shelved; and of course, I'm assuming? ..this includes!
> "the
>  REGISTERED HOSTA LIST" as published? >>
>
> Bill & All,
>
> I asked the Auction Chair, Don Dean, if unregistered hostas coul be in the
> auction. He told me,"NO!" Rather that they would be subjected to a "silent"
> auction.
>
> Then, I guess, that the AHS decided to let them in.
>
> The purpose of the auction, and the only purpose, is to raise money for the
> Journal. To have created the confusion that Dean and other AHS "officials"
> did is inexcusable. IMO.
>
> When I saw the list of plants that were going to be auctioned, I left Ann
> Arbor, posthaste.
>
> Next thing we know, is that only preferred "people" will be allowed to donate
> plants.:>)
>
> Clyde Crockett z5
*************
To All
The AHs like most orginasitions is regulated by Bi-laws. These were
voted on and changed.  A motion was made, to table the changes, untill
more study could be done, but that was defited.  If you are a member of
the AHS, and can not afford the time and /or money to attend a
convention, you are not allowed to vote on Bi-law changes.  This can
only be changed, (according to the "rules" in the Bi-laws) by a 2/3 rds.
vote at a convention.  It is time to give every member of the AHS a
chance to vote on important changes.  This can only be done by ballot.
You need to consider, if you are attending the next convention, or know
someone who in, weather you can support a motion to change this
out-dated "requirement" in the Bi-laws.  As things stand you simply have
no real representation, on the "voting" board.  If you need more info,
please contact me.
Ran Lydell
10749 Bennett Rd.
Dunkirk,  NY  14048