Re: Convention

> Of course the biggest problem with changing the by laws is that the board
> votes first.  So if nine people don't like the proposed change no one else
> ever has a chance to vote on it.
> Joanne
> jopyz@earthlink.net

I agree. I usually keep my mouth shut, but this time, I can't. Every
member of the AHS has a right to vote. The "Executive Board" contradicts
themselves every step of the way. They say they can't meet more than
once a year, because of distance - have they never heard of the
internet, and internet conferencing????
  When the motion to table the bylaw changes was seconded, the President
immediately overruled it, and there was no vote allowed on tabling the
changes! The members present at the convention weren't even given a
chance to vote!
  If the AHS were a public corporation, it would have to give proxy
votes to the shareholders - it's the law. But since it's a non-profit
organization, they (the Exec Board) can do what they want and somehow
expect us all to continue to pay our dues. I am honestly thinking of not
renewing my membership until such time as I find out things have

Diane Frederick
Cleveland, OH zone 5