Re: Convention

At 01:30 PM 6/28/99 -0500, you wrote:

>>i dont think so, u vote for directors not business at hand. indianabob

Bob,

The professional societies I mentioned in my first post do allow all
members to vote absentee if they wish. Proposed changes in the by-laws are
published (along with a ballot) in the Society Journal or Newsletter, and
members are asked to mail in their vote. In some of them, you are also able
to vote (by using your membership no. for security) on the Society website.

In the Soil Ecology Society, discussion on the proposed changes (and their
wording) occurs at the bi-annual meeting. The voting then takes place via
the newsletter and website.

Gerry

Gerry